In The Hot Seat
An Interview with Ms. Danny Qian, the Vice President of JinkoSolar Holding Co., Ltd
1. Based in China, JinkoSolar owns 15 oversea subsidiaries in Japan, Korea, Singapore, India, Turkey, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Chile, Australia and United Arab Emirates. What is JinkoSolar’s secret of success that contributes to such great achievement today?
Four key elements underpin JinkoSolar’s performance, the first of which, after years of trying, is its growing success in extracting scale economies from its extensive global presence, as the results of JinkoSolar’s high and efficient production volumes with high purchasing power from clients, also together with the flexible supply chain. The rapid growth of global PV demand has benefited most industry players in recent years but JinkoSolar has derived particular benefit through its strong presence in both the mass market and the premium sector, where today Jinko is the best-selling brand.
Secondly, there’s the technology innovation, which now stands full comparison with any competitors as a top player in the world’s premium sector. In the past few years, it constantly broke world record in cell efficiency and module power output. In addition, it is one of the few companies that is capable to convert research and development (R&D) lab result into massive production and market the products in a short lead time.
Quality commitment is the third key factor. Exceptionally insist in using first class materials, like Dupont back sheet, Heraeus silver paste, etc. It adopts double even triple industry standard to conduct QC and QA. It has the industry leading lowest complaint rate.
Finally, its customer oriented culture. Making customer satisfied and profitable is what drives JinkoSolar to produce and serve its customers.
2. As one of the only two PV module manufacturers globally to achieve Silver Cradle-to-Cradle certification by CGS, how do you compare JinkoSolar panels with any other solar panels in the similar industry? What’s specialty do JinkoSolar panels possess?
JinkoSolar fully understands the importance of production materials and the processes involved. It has made efforts on new material development in order to achieve that the separately used materials can be reused or recycled.
In addition, Jinkosolar invites all parties, suppliers, stakeholders involved in this project – internally as well as externally. It also stimulates further innovation and that is of crucial importance to make sure out sustainable panel is the outcome of this process.
3.Recently, JinkoSolar speaks at 2019 World Economic Forum for Sustainable Development regarding how China could stimulate the energy transition at home and abroad. Sustainability Technology (ST) is the era now, could you explain how JinkoSolar incorporates sustainable development into their strategic development plans?
Locate our newly built factories in provinces like Qinghai and Sichuan, where is enough of wind, solar or hydro energy, to enable new facilities run on renewables. Deploying solar panels on existing facilities roofs to achieve partially empowered by solar.
4. JinkoSolar has break the World Record for Cell Efficiency and Module Output. With significant breakthroughs in the field of high efficiency and high power of cells and modules, JinkoSolar has set new industry standard for peak performance. Could you share more behind the success of this?
The top management supports for technological innovations, which at the same time allows for some level of risk, has foster the encouragement to innovate among the campus. Having upper-level support gives JinkoSolar R&D professionals the freedom to take risks when pursuing cutting-edge solutions in addition to resource and budget.
5.Providing one-stop solution of clean energy and become industry leader are the company’s mission. What is JinkoSolar’s plans regarding this matter?
Shifting from product and solution provider towards clean energy related service provider is JinkoSolar’s long term strategy. We set up extensive global subsidiaries, offices, and global manufacturing sites, employing local staff, expertise and management team who can fully understand and have deep insight of local market and customers, based on which to develop tailor made solution and service package to address all possible problem when customers are using solar.
6. What is your opinion regarding the South East Asia solar industry development currently?
SEA market is almost untapped and has huge potential because of its rich solar resource and increasing electricity demand. At the time when cost of solar is not a big problem that almost every SEA countries can implement solar without need of much fiscal support, the government should play a key role in setting up rules, providing appropriate regulatory support, fixing market mechanism which will benefit the solar industry.
7. Talking about solar development globally, China has been overtaking the growth compare to Europe countries which are actually the pioneer who started the industry. What do you think is the reason behind the huge development of China solar industry?
Clear and decisive solar energy target, determined strategy equipped with strong implementation, attractive tariff system particularly at the beginning stage of the solar industry, supportive policies and regulations, etc.